This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

INNOVATOR FRAMEWORK - Is it possible to use any database other than MS SQL server for ARAS innovator?

amit1981 - Monday, May 23, 2011 2:15 AM:

Hi All,

Is it possible to use any database like oracle etc instead of MS SQL server? because during instaaltion MS SQL server is the pre-requisite for the installation.

Please share your views if anyone has used database other than MS SQL server.

Regards,

Amit

eric_h - Monday, May 23, 2011 12:12 PM:

Amit,

I am pretty new to Aras, but there has been some talk on the roadmap of possibly adding the option to use different database backends. I might be wrong, but right now I think things are pretty much tied to MS SQL Server. That said, my understanding is that most of the data layer is not too heavily dependent on SQL Server specific features, and allowing the use of other database engines is just a matter of time. Not sure when this will happen, but the roadmap makes it sound like a browser independent HTML5/CSS3 based client might come first:

www.aras.com/.../

Like I said, I am pretty new to this so maybe someone else has done something I am not aware of.

Eric

xueron564 - Sunday, August 14, 2011 8:47 PM:

888xuerong-2:

In our Running Shoes Online store, you will be amazed by the large variety of products we can offer you. Our Tiffany Rings Sale are doing great sales results this season, many husbands have surprised they beloved wives with those lovely pieces of jewels. We offer you the products in the best quality and greatest discounts. Also, the Nike shoes in our store are achieving great results. The Nike Free Run is a never fading topic in the world of sports, many millions over millions of people have become fond of the Nike shoes. You can see many people in the park wearing the Nike shoes as they jog about in the morning. Of course, there are still many other sports shoes brand that can be just as good. The Asics Shoes is one good example. Last, the Supra Shoes UK are well loved by the younger genertion as these shoes are a combination of the greatest quality and newest fashion.12