how can I, import bulk CAD data in to Aras 9.3

Thanks 

Sachin G,

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 544
Points 8,130

Hi Sachin,

You need to be a bit more specific about what types of data you are trying to import.

CAD Parts and Documents or just CAD Documents.

Do you have Part data in the system to link to or are you adding the Part data at the same time?

Cheers,

Brian.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 39
Points 600
GT replied on Tue, May 8 2012 1:50 AM

Thanks for reply Brian..

We are Only trying to import CAD Documents.

We are Adding Part data later on.

Sachin G.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 28
Points 425

Are you trying to load structured cad data (assemblies, related parts, and drawings)? Typically, the integration partners have their own cad data loaders to go along with their integrations. Do you have a partner's integration? 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 39
Points 600
GT replied on Sat, May 12 2012 5:45 AM

Yes, I'm trying to load structure cad data((assemblies, related parts, and drawings)).

also we don't have partner's integration.

you have any solution?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 6
Points 105

We have developed tools to load complex CAD structures with related Parts, BOMs, Drawings, Files etc..  We can supply as part of a consulting engagement if you're interested..  (However, you would need a partner CAD integration to interact with this data..  )

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 28
Points 425

Are the files coming from a system where the relationships are defined or are the files coming from a folder structure?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 39
Points 600
GT replied on Mon, May 21 2012 2:20 AM

Yes,

These CAD files coming from folder stucture...

Sachin G.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 28
Points 425

Hello Sachin,

Typically, the loading of cad data is accomplished by rebuilding the parent child relationships created in an existing PLM/PDM system (if you are coming from a system) or by programatically reading the cad file to determine the relationships then building the relationships in Aras. Since you are not coming from an existing system you will have to take the second approach.

The second approach is the approach that the integration partners take. They usually have some utility program that you load your assembly into and it determines whats records to create in Aras. Since you are not using an integration, you will have to determine those relationships on your own either by "knowing" what the assembly is composed of or by using BOM reports that define the assembly.

Managing parametric cad in a PLM system without an integration is a daunting task especially if you have large assemblies or a lot of part reuse.

Dennis

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 5

Hello Sachin,

You can use the Bulk Loader Tool from xPLM to import files/folders from the local file system to Aras Innovator. That is exactly what you are looking for. The Tool works with SolidWorks, SolidEdge, Inventor, ProE, NX CAD models. If you need more detailed information please contact me. 

Thomas

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS