This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SUPPORT Q&A - Display Item Name and or Description in Structure Browser.

Kent Keller - Thursday, June 2, 2011 1:17 PM:

I'm totally green at Aras.  We have installed and are evaluating.

One obvious thing that I noticed is that in the Structure Browser, only the Item Number and revision seem to display.  This is not enough information to be useful to the user because when only the part number is displayed, the purposed of the part is still unknown.

264200-01 - A.1

- 123456-02 - A.2

- 678904-01 - A.1

Is not as useful as

264200-01 - HOLDING TANK - A.1

- 123456-02 - AIRLOCK: LEVEL SENDER BLACKWATER - A.2 -

- 678904-01 - LID: HOLDING TANK- A.1

Where do I begin to understand how to configure this basic stuff.  Normally, I would look for a form designer or some configuration file or configuration tool.  Once I get my foot in the door, so to speak, I will learn how to formulate questions.

Triadian - Friday, June 3, 2011 7:27 AM:

Hi,

Go to Administration-> ItemTypes ->Part , Select  'Properies'  tab and for the row 'name' under the column 'Keyed Name Order' set the value to '1' and save. In the structure browser you can see name along with the PartNumber for your part.

Note: If the 'Keyed Name Order' column is not visible, you right click on any column and using 'Insert Column...' option from the context menu you can choose to make this column visible.

Regards

authentic - Monday, August 15, 2011 4:01 AM:

hgj888Tiger4:

Moncler name came from the abbreviation in Monestier de Clermon. Our Moncler Outlet specializes in the production of outdoor sports equipment. We provide the Cheap Moncler Jackets you will just love. Our Moncler Jackets Outlet is secured and trusted by the world. Our products reach a large variety, including vests for all ages, such as the Kids Moncler Jackets which looks wonderful on the little boys and girls. Also, come and take a look, you will find the one Moncler Jackets For Women made just for you. Moncler went through a long history to reach its place today. Our Moncler Jackets Men and Moncler Shirt Women are up to date with the latest fashion trends. At the same time, Moncler Vest Men and the Moncler Vest Womens is made from the best materials and can keep you away from the harms of the bitter cold this coming winter. If you are a person extremely afraid of the cold like me, I would recommend you the Moncler Scarf which will keep your neck cosy and warm in the snow. Another one of my favorites is the Women Moncler Long Down Jacket which can give you the mysterious look as you stroll down the path in the white snow.

Kent Keller - Friday, June 3, 2011 1:48 PM:

Thank you.  This worked. I would not have guessed in in 100 years!

Kent