How do I create a new Document classification?

Hi,

how do I create a new Document classification/type  (cannot type question marks in this text box).

I found a result on Google about the topic:

But when clicking it, it just takes me to the main forums page because you have broken all URLs again it seems:

Parents Reply
  • I don't think you're following the correct path for this use case. All of your classifications should fall under a single ItemType. I'm going to write up a quick set of steps using an example "product" ItemType.

1. Create Product ItemType

2. Create two new classifications for the Product ItemType "Custom" and "Finished".

3. In the "views" tab, add 2 NEW forms, and set the "class path column" to the corresponding classifications. 

4. Modify the default form of your new Product ItemType, ensure that it has at least a classification field.

5. Create the forms for your classifications, with any class specific properties and the classification field.

6. Create a new "Product" Item through the Table of Contents > Add New Product

7. Once the form loads, change the classification field to one of your classifications.

8. The form should swap, showing the one you defined for your new classification.

Just to clarify, it's all under one ItemType. You mentioned creating a "finished product" ItemType, but that is unnecessary. You can just make "finished" a classification on product.

Children