This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DEVELOPERS FORUM - Suppress Lifecycle warning dialog when changing classification

dstofman - Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:06 PM:

When the classification for an item is changed, and when the itemType has a Lifecyle, a warning dialog pops up to inform of a Lifecycle change.  This dialog appears even when the classification is being defined for the first time on a new item, or even if there is only one Lifecyle relationship for the itemType with no classification restriction (i.e there will not be a Lifecycle change).

Is there an exposed method that runs this dialog, and can this dialog be suppressed?  Ideally, when there is a true change in Lifecycle (due to multiple Lifecycle relationships selected by class) this warning should appear, but not under the other scenarios.  However, for our application only one Lifecyle per itemType is used, and our preference is to suppress this warning.

I understand that modification of built in methods will require manual maintenance upon package upgrades.

CycleOp - Sunday, March 13, 2011 4:35 PM:

Hi,

According to the release notes of Innovator 9.2.0 SP4 - This latest service pack has a fix specifically for this issue.

Sagi

dstofman - Monday, March 14, 2011 12:26 PM:

Yes, I was pleased to see this in the release notes for SP4.   For a not yet completed project, we need to decide between using a class structure for a particular itemType, or instead use filtered lists for a particular property.  A class structure is preferred, as the maintenance and limitations of filtered lists would get in the way.   The previous behavior of reporting a warning even for the first class assignment was not desired, as it would confuse users.  I am now updating our Innovator development system to SP4, and will confirm the desired behavior with this release.

Dan