This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DEVELOPERS FORUM - When IOM is installed to GAC then login to site is unsuccessful

griffofk - Sunday, June 5, 2011 12:27 PM:

I am doing some development in MS SSIS using scripts on a MS 2003 server which runs as a virtual machine on a Windows 7 host. MS Visual Studio for Applications (MSVSA) which is used to develop scripts in MS SSIS, as I understand, requires the IOM.dll to be placed in the Microsoft.Net framework folder AND the IOM.dll to be installed to the GAC. When I do this I can reference the IOM assembly through MSVSA and have access to the methods/properties exposed through that interface using VB script - great. However, when the IOM is installed to the GAC I am unable to login to the innovator server - from the server/VPC machine the IE8 client brings up the splash screen where I am able to select a database and provide credentials but when OK is click the splash screen goes blank and the login fails to complete. If I uninstall the IOM assembly from the GAC I am able to login and everything functions as it should.

Does anyone know how to access the IOM from MSVSA without requiring the IOM to be installed to the GAC?

Is there a way to customize the web.config files to enable the innovator server/client to operate when the IOM is installed to the GAC?