This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SOLUTION - PROGRAM MANAGEMENT - Regarding : ECN DOCUMENTS & Customisation .

Rahul. - Sunday, June 12, 2011 3:41 AM:

Hi Frnds

I am new to this aras innovator and i have few question with it  can any one help me to get the answer of these questions.

1.) Can I change the documents used in ECN for change(action) in the planning phase of ECN.

2.) if i want to customise this aras innovator  then what are the software i have to install and how can i start the customisation? Is there  any document which help me to know about the aras innovator customization ?

3.) Is there any online support website for the help? what are the login credentials?

Thanks in advance

Rahul

Brian - Sunday, June 12, 2011 7:44 AM:

Hi Rahul,

No you can't change the Affected Items in the ECN until the "Update Documents" and "Review Documents" phase.

Once you have installed Innovator you can immediately start to customise it. read the "Just Ask innovator" Help that comes with the download. It will tell you a lot of what you want to know.

You don't need login details for the help

The default login details for Innovator are:

name: admin

password: innovator

Hope this helps.

Brian.

Rahul. - Wednesday, June 15, 2011 7:03 AM:

Thanks Brian,

But i want to know that where I write the code for customisation and how do i deploy it.

For eg. in siemen's teamcenter  for customisation we write the code in ecllipse make it jar file and deploy it in teamcenter's plugin folder.

I am unable to find the way in aras innovator so if you tell me the way to customise then it will be a great help for me.

Thanks in advance

Rahul

Brian - Wednesday, June 15, 2011 7:58 AM:

Hi Rahul,

Innovator has an inbuilt coding window/environment that you use to write methods to customise the system.

First: Read the Just Ask Innovator Help - Look for Methods under Administration. This will tell you the basics including where in Innovator to go and create a new method.

Then you hook methods into the system through a number of callback events that are triggered on both the Client and Server sides of Innovator.

Have a look in the Programmers Guide documentation it lists all of the Server and Client side events that you can trigger methods on. It is not as simple as saying "you put your methods here" as you can trigger Server Methods in the Item Types, Lifecycle transitions and Workflows and Client methods in the Item Types, Relationship Types, Forms and Fields on Forms. The Programmers Guide is a good place to start.

You write you client side methods in Javascript and your Server side methods in c# and vb.net.

In addition you can define external javascript files, HTML files and even .dlls to do all manner of things. If you check the wiki/blogs on this site you will find some information on these.

Have fun,

Brian.

Rahul. - Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:47 AM:

Thanks Brian ,

This will be a great help for me.

Thanks once again.

Rahul

Rahul. - Wednesday, July 20, 2011 6:31 AM:

Hello Sir,

Sorry to disturb you again, but i know that you can solve my problem,you have a great knowledge in aras innovator.

Sir i got a problem, I have some 24-25 projects in InnovatorSolution database but they aren't shown in user's login they only shown in the admin's login.

if i try to search the project (or any documents ) from user's login the error "NO ITEMS OF TYPE  SAVEDSEARCH FOUND" displayed. but they are shown in admin's account.

The main thing is that this error also comes if i try to search project in 2nd database.

Please also give me some tips so that i also get good knowledge of aras innovator like you

Thanks in advance

Rahul.  

Brian - Wednesday, July 20, 2011 6:47 AM:

Hi Rahul,

It sounds like the User is not a member of the Identity that is allowed to see the Projects and Documents.

I suggest adding the User Identity to the "All Employees" Identity.

Have a look at the "Permissions" report for the Document and Project Item Types to see who is allowed to do what.

Have a look also at the "New Document", "Released Document" and "Project" Permission items.

Not sure if that will do the trick but I'm going to guess that the projects were added by the Innovator Admin. So that identity is the owner. Also Innovator Admin is already a part of All Employees Identity.

Hope this helps.

Brian.

Rahul. - Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:22 AM:

Thanks Sir for reply

I already include the users in All Employee identity and i again check the permission of project ,release document and new document they all are right means the user is included in their permission.

I have two two database "innovatorsolution" and "new1" . new1 is my test environment, the problem occurs when i am using this database but the same problem  also start in my production database( innovatorsolution). This means that the problem can be with the aras innovator setup. I am just thinking this ( it may be wrong )  but i want to know your view.

Thanks in advance

Rahul.

Brian - Friday, July 22, 2011 8:56 AM:

Hi Rahul,

I'm sorry that I can't think of what else might be wrong.

You might try re-installing Innovator. The behaviour sounds a bit odd and without having the installation and the database I can't offer any other solutions.

I hope that you have better luck soon.

Cheers,

Brian.

Rahul. - Saturday, July 23, 2011 1:15 AM:

Thanks Sir for reply.

I  got the solution, someone changes my system date and this date is prior to the aras installation so there are no data of that date and it gives the error.

Thanks once again

Rahul.

Rahul. - Wednesday, September 7, 2011 4:34 AM:

Hi Sir

I got an error says "Unhandled  exception : index was out of range must be non negative or less than the size of the collection." while adding a column in a project grid.

For adding a column "comment" first i add  new property "comment"  in activity2 having datatype as Text.then i move to preference and select project grid  layout and add new line below "attach" and named as "Comment" having width=100, itemtype= "activity"  and property="activity2/comment".

after doing these things when i open any project to see any changes  i got this error.

Thanks

Rahul.