This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DEVELOPERS FORUM - Is innovator suitable for Dataware House like solution?

AshokGopale - Friday, January 21, 2011 12:59 AM:

Background:

I am a Software Developer.

I am using ms access to store my data. for that i have created tables, forms, queries and reports.

I found ms access very easy in order to use it as a DataWarehouse Solution. I think, in fact MS Sql Server is more suitable for this .

Requirement:

I want to compare my existing ms access platform with innovator. Actually i want to use innovator for developing DataWare house solution.

I am evaluating Innovator in order to study if it fits my need.

In innovator, i am searching for a table like structure where i can store my existing database tables. I should able to customize that table structure .

I am searching for a structure where i can define my own queries simillar to Access 2007.

Can anybody tell me if i could able to do all the above mentioned things in innovator and How?.

I have innovator 9.2 installed.

Regards

Ashok

Brian - Friday, January 21, 2011 6:56 AM:

Hi Ashok,

What you have just asked for is covered in the 5 Day configuring solutions course run by Aras.

Yes you can do what you outlined above but it is not something that can be easily explained on a forum like this.

After all if you didn't know anything about MS Access and you asked how to do all of that it would take a long time to explain.

Well the same is true for Innovator.

You can create new Item Types. Every Item Type ends up with a Table in the underlying database. You DON'T normally work with the database tables directly. You use the Innovator interface for that.

You can create very complex forms to interact with that data and you can use the existing query (search) structures to find information or the Adaptive Markup Language (AML) to interact with the data through tools like the NASH Script.

You can write method code which can be triggered on many events both on the client and server side.

If you can do it in .Net or Javascript/HTML then you can do it with Innovator.

Read the help that comes with the product.

It is very possible to learn about the system without any help but it does take a while to really understand.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Brian.

AshokGopale - Friday, January 21, 2011 7:05 AM:

Thanks for now. Due to lack of time i am just saying thanks to you. but i have something to discuss with you. i will be back after 4 days .

Thanks again.

Regards

Ashok