This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DEVELOPERS FORUM - Cannot Access Vault Server

simmatecusa - Monday, February 22, 2010 10:16 PM:

Hey there, after a few month of building a custom aras base plm solution for our company, we thought we were ready to start using it and begin training on it... Then last minute, we went to upload a file using the default aras file-system and oops!, cannot access vault server! Long story short, we have trouble shooted the heck out of this and cannot figure it out. Installed fresh install of Aras, deleted all instances/folders of Aras AND IIS 7.5 from our server 2008, and I am still getting the exact same error message when I log into the newly installed Aras and try to upload a document.

"Failed to upload the file. Is the specified Vault Server URL correct?..."

"An internal error has occured.false The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.Client Side Error"

...and the answer was and it yes! The url is correct! If I put an html file into the vault folder and set it as default document, I can access it over the web, so I know its accessible. Is it possible the connection to the database is corrupt? Why would the innovator work but not the vault? Someone please help, we are totally stuck in our tracks!

Iversen - Monday, June 21, 2010 4:07 AM:

I have got the same ERROR after having made, a redirect in the IIS 7.5.

I had to removed the HOST header.

DavidSpackman - Sunday, April 17, 2016 11:04 PM:

Note for future people looking into this error

The [localPC]Users account needs permission to the Aras application folder. (This is the default out of the box setting)

I believe it should only required read&execture

Above default permissions seem to be removed by making a change to the sharing a network folder.