This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DEVELOPERS FORUM - Error on negative line number

Nick - Wednesday, April 13, 2011 11:59 AM:

Just wondering if there's a reason why whenever I get errors in my C# code it always says ex:"Line number: -26".

It's getting pretty annoying having an error message pop up and tell me it's on a negative line number. There have even been times when it tells me it's on a negative number higher then the line count of the code >_<.

Brian - Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:22 AM:

Hi Nick,

Your code is essentially being slotted into a larger template. So the line numbers don't work out the way you think.

The best thing to do is to get into the habit of running the "syntax checker" option. It is fairly reasonable for c# and vb. Not quite so helpful for Javascript.

The line number issues seem to pop up more with syntax issues than "real" coding problems.

Cheers,

Brian. 

Nick - Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:39 AM:

Yea I noticed this actually, and the syntax checker doesn't help much though, since it still gives a negative line number error. I've started going to the tmp file created when it errors out to find out where the error is now.