This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SUPPORT Q&A - Fatal error during file upload

[email protected] - Thursday, January 28, 2016 11:47 AM:

Hi,

I'm having problems with the Vault in Aras 11.0

I get a server error on file upload (download works fine).

I turned on debugging in the Webserver and get the following:

A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (XMLdata="<SOAP-ENV:Envelope x...").

Description: ASP.NET has detected data in the request that is potentially dangerous because it might include HTML markup or script. The data might represent an attempt to compromise the security of your application, such as a cross-site scripting attack. If this type of input is appropriate in your application, you can include code in a web page to explicitly allow it. For more information, see go.microsoft.com/.../.

[email protected] - Friday, January 29, 2016 5:34 AM:

For those that have this error, solved it.

In order to resolve other issues with vault upload (due to known bug with Vault URL) I turned on debugging in the vault's virtual server.

I had renamed web.config in the Vault server and introduced the as-shipped web-debug.config by renaming it to web.config.

I found there is an error in the web-debug.config which causes IIS to reject uploads that might contain code.  Restoring the web.config resolved the issue.

Comparing the two files shows that there are significant differences between web.config and web-debug.config, much of which is nothing to do with debugging.