PLM Applications |
AutoCAD Connector for Aras
With a broad portfolio of state-of-the-art design software, AutoCAD software enables design professionals to explore ideas more intuitively, shaping the world around us.
The AutoCAD Connector for Aras enables you to fully leverage your investment in AutoCAD by unlocking valuable CAD data for the enterprise and extended enterprise with secure access and permissions, while allowing designers to continue working in their familiar AutoCAD environment.
AutoCAD & Aras:
- Enable global co-design with one source of information and a single product structure capable of supporting the needs of the 24 hour cycle.
- Increase productivity across the product lifecycle, while reducing data management time, and eliminating data entry errors and duplication.
- Incorporate valuable AutoCAD data with the rest of product information for complete tracking, analysis and forecasting.
- Reduce training and increase user acceptance with a common platform spanning MCAD / ECAD / ERP systems.
- Centralize key processes such as enterprise change, supply chain management, and new product development and introduction.
Functionality & Features
- A Single Repository of AutoCAD design files in Aras
- Controlled sharing of AutoCAD designs enterprise-wide, without additional license costs
- Search and Load from AutoCAD &Aras; open files directly in AutoCAD from Aras
- Reservation using Lock and Unlock
- Version and Revision Control of AutoCAD files with configuration management &/or effectivity
- Bidirectional Exchange of Properties; enter &edit attributes in AutoCAD and Aras
- Drawing Title Block Automation
- Ability to show detailed Aras form of AutoCAD Document
- Automated Background Viewable Conversion of AutoCAD files to Aras Available
- Supports both WIP and Release Management
- Enterprise Change Management with attached AutoCAD files