PLM Applications |
Solid Edge Connector for Aras
Solid Edge is an industry-leading mechanical design system with exceptional tools for creating and managing 3D digital prototypes.
The Solid Edge Connector for Aras enables you to fully leverage your investment in Solid Edge by unlocking valuable CAD data for the enterprise and extended enterprise with secure access and permissions, while allowing designers to continue working in their familiar Solid Edge environment.
Solid Edge & Aras:
- Enable global co-design with one source of information and a single product structure capable of supporting the needs of the 24 hour cycle.
- Increase productivity across the product lifecycle, while reducing data management time, and eliminating data entry errors and duplication.
- Incorporate valuable Solid Edge data with the rest of product information for complete tracking, analysis and forecasting.
- Reduce training and increase user acceptance with a common platform spanning MCAD / ECAD / ERP systems.
- Centralize key processes such as enterprise change, supply chain management, and new product development and introduction.
Functionality & Features
- A Single Repository of Solid Edge design files in Aras
- Controlled sharing of Solid Edge designs enterprise-wide, without additional license costs
- Use Solid Edge part families to drive families of parts in Aras.
- Management of Complex Solid Edge file Structures
- Search and Load from Solid Edge & Aras; open files directly in Solid Edge from Aras
- Reservation using Lock and Unlock
- Version and Revision Control of Solid Edge files with configuration management &/or effectivity
- Bidirectional Exchange of Properties; enter & edit attributes in Solid Edge and Aras
- Drawing Title Block Automation
- Solid Edge File Template Management
- Standard Part File Management
- Ability to show detailed Aras form of Solid Edge Document
- Automatic Thumbnail Generation
- Available Bulk Data Loader to support data migration effort
- Automated Background Viewable Conversion for Solid Edge files to Aras Available
- Supports both WIP and Release Management
- Enterprise Change Management with attached Solid Edge files
- Auto Generation of Enterprise BOM driven by Solid Edge designs; Clear ownership by discipline with ability to make manual updates
Aras Connectors are available from the following partners:
Focus PLM and xPLM.