PLM Applications |
NX Connector for Aras
With a broad suite of integrated, fully associative CAD/CAM/CAE applications, NX touches the full range of development processes in product design, manufacturing and simulation.
The NX Connector for Aras enables you to fully leverage your investment in NX by unlocking valuable CAD data for the enterprise and extended enterprise with secure access and permissions, while allowing designers to continue working in their familiar NX environment.
NX & Aras:
- Enable global co-design with one source of information and a single product structure capable of supporting the needs of the 24 hour cycle.
- Increase productivity across the product lifecycle, while reducing data management time, and eliminating data entry errors and duplication.
- Incorporate valuable NX data with the rest of product information for complete tracking, analysis and forecasting.
- Reduce training and increase user acceptance with a common platform spanning MCAD / ECAD / ERP systems.
- Centralize key processes such as enterprise change, supply chain management, and new product development and introduction.
Functionality & Features
- A Single Repository of NX design files in Aras
- Controlled sharing of NX designs enterprise-wide, without additional license costs
- Management of Complex NX file Structures
- Search and Load from NX & Aras; open files directly in NX from Aras
- Reservation using Lock and Unlock
- Version and Revision Control of NX files with configuration management &/or effectivity
- Bidirectional Exchange of Properties; enter & edit attributes in NX and Aras
- Drawing Title Block Automation
- NX File Template Management
- Standard Part File Management
- Ability to show detailed Aras form of NX Document
- Automatic Thumbnail Generation
- Available Bulk Data Loader to support data migration effort
- Automated Background Viewable Conversion for NX files to Aras Available
- Supports both WIP and Release Management
- Enterprise Change Management with attached NX files
- Auto Generation of Enterprise BOM driven by NX designs; Clear ownership by discipline with ability to make manual updates