Legacy PLM Dilemma
When a PLM system has failed to meet its goals companies have typically had only one choice – “rip and replace” – meaning turn off the existing system and start afresh with a new one.
This approach is often the best and most expedient approach. However, there are risks that must be managed and can become overwhelming:
- The cost to replace existing capabilities before any new ones can be deployed
- User disruption
- Data migration challenges
Overlay and Extend
With Aras Innovator there is another way. Instead of rip and replace you can focus on addressing your most pressing problems and keep legacy systems in place as long as it makes sense.
And by connecting systems across domains – MCAD, ECAD and Software - you can create composite BOMs and synchronize processes across disciplines.
Benefits of the Aras Approach
With Aras Innovator you can overlay and extend your existing systems, allowing you to:
- Maximize the return on your existing investment
- Focus on your most pressing problems
- Create new value by deploying new application capabilities to users
- Avoid disrupting existing users
- Lower project risk