Keep Track of Progress
To ensure good data management practices, all information items in PLM need to have a well-defined lifecycle model to track progress and control access privileges.
Automate Your Processes
Aras implements lifecycles to define the states in which an item's instance exists and to control access and versions. Lifecycles state changes are typically automated by Workflows, providing a foundation for managing business processes.
- Define multiple lifecycle states and transitions using graphical tool
- Trigger item versioning
- Control access privileges and item locking
- Initiate Workflows
- Trigger emails
- Ensures all information items are properly managed
- Provides visibility of status, avoiding confusion
- Manages access privileges, avoiding inadvertent access
- Provides basis for automating business processes, saving time