Integrating Engineering and Manufacturing
With the emergence of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), companies with complex products are looking for better ways to integrate their manufacturing operations. But with today’s disconnected systems, authoring and reconciling MBOMs, process plans and work instructions, and ensuring synchronization with evolving product designs can be time-consuming and error-prone.
Manufacturing Process Planning Overview
Aras Manufacturing Process Planning provides an integrated approach to managing manufacturing data and processes in PLM. It supports graphical and concurrent process plan, MBOM and work instruction authoring plus real-time automatic EBOM/MBOM reconciliation.
- Version controlled process plans detailing operations, steps, parts consumed, resources utilized, skills, documents referenced etc.
- Concurrent authoring of visually rich electronic work instructions
- Version controlled MBOM derived from EBOM using
- Drag and drop editing
- Concurrent process plan and MBOM creation
- Automatic EBOM/MBOM reconciliation
- Plant-specific MBOMs and process plans
Discover how Aras Manufacturing Process Planning Works
See a full demonstration of Aras Manufacturing Process Planning (MPP). Walk step-by-step through the entire process of creating a process plan including how to create plant-specific MBOMs/Process Plans.
- Bridge the gap between engineering and manufacturing
- Eliminate time-consuming manual processes and costly EBOM/MBOM conflicts
- Improve efficiency by synchronizing process plans, MBOMs and work instructions
- Implement a digital thread with as-designed to as-planned traceability