Aras is pleased to announce that it has been named a leader in The Forrester WaveTM: Product Lifecycle Management for Discrete Manufacturers, Q1 2023 evaluation. Aras appeared as a leader based on its current offering, strategy, and market presence. According to Forrester, “Aras appeals to manufacturers with a strong interest in exploiting a low-code platform for their own specific approach to managing the digital thread, from as-designed to as manufactured and as maintained.”
Aras received the highest possible scores in the following criteria:
- Ideation: The vendor provides advanced capabilities to manage requirements from capture to validation, including Voice of Customer data. Also has reusability support, APIs, and external tool visibility.
- Compliance, Sustainability, “Green” PLM support: Compliance with sustainability objectives, managing the entire lifecycle of products, assets, and components from collaborative sourcing and design to disposal of hazardous elements and reuse or reclamation on other elements.
- Performance: Records key performance metrics such as profitability, growth, account retention, or client satisfaction.
- Innovation Roadmap: A commitment to innovation including - Innovation history, Innovation strategy, R&D budget (as a % of revenue).
- Data Sources: Supports ingestion of IoT, enterprise, and other systems' data. Offers support for digital twin, and quality management, or specific Failure Mode Element Analysis functionality.
- Risk Management: Offers corrective and preventative action (CAPA) and FMEA support and offers capabilities such as proactive risk reduction recommendations at the design stage.
- Digital Thread: Adheres to open standards and supports the digital thread from 'as-designed,' to 'as-manufactured,' to 'as-maintained' creating a traceable solution for single source of truth.
- Extended Bill of Materials: Has all the elements required for an on-par score and offers advanced capabilities such as support for Engineering BOM, Manufacturing BOM, Model Based Systems Engineering, and release and configuration engineering support.
- Software Bill: (ALM) offers advanced features such as a high degree of PLM and Application Lifecycle Management link transparency.
- Variants: Offers sophisticated management of variants, including variant requirements in functional, logical, and physical categories.
Forrester also reported that “Aras’ superior performance, with annual revenue growth for years at more than 30%, and superior innovation roadmap, enabling its clients to upgrade on average every 18 months to exploit modern technologies, support its strategy to fully support the digital thread and twin capabilities for manufacturers with an open low code platform.”
Aras provides customers with the openness, simplicity, and transparency needed to succeed with enterprise product lifecycle management. Aras solutions enable digital transformation while future-proofing business processes and product ecosystems and adapting to customer needs, giving business and technical leaders the confidence to keep pace with change.
As Aras CEO Roque Martin said:
“Yesterday’s rigid technologies are no longer appropriate for today’s businesses – they need an adaptable, open, and flexible platform. We reimagined PLM to be purpose-built to deliver impact wherever and however it’s needed – as a holistic platform, a point solution, or a flexible overlay to existing systems. We believe being named a leader in the Forrester Wave evaluation validates the way we’re transforming product lifecycle management.”
For more information, visit us on the web.