Sr. Software ArchitectPLM Posting#: HR-1393
Position Type: Full Time
Aras Corporation is a fast growing high tech company that delivers innovative enterprise software solutions to leading companies such as General Motors, Airbus, General Electric, Boeing and IBM. Aras provides businesses with product lifecycle management (PLM) applications to improve new product development for greater collaboration and faster time to market. As a member of Aras Development Organization you will be part of the team that develops Aras Innovator Platform and Solutions based on an advanced Web based SOA technology available as Enterprise Open Source software which provides Aras with a highly disruptive position in the marketplace and a solid business strategy. We are looking for highly motivated software architect who will lead technical innovations and help guide the development strategy. The person in this position will directly report to VP of Product Development and will have a high impact on the product and the company's position on the market.
- Collaborate with critical stakeholders inside and outside of engineering to understand technical challenges to be addressed and propose solutions
- Perform architectural analysis and work with a group of software architects local and overseas to deliver robust software designs
- Document and communicate architectural designs to the wider engineering organization
- Work with groups of local and overseas software engineers on converting proposed designs into reliable and maintainable software
- Research, design and evaluate new technologies that can be incorporated into Aras Software Platform
- Help mentor and grow other technical contributors in the organization
- Requirements and skills:
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- 4+ years of designing and delivering large scale enterprise distributed systems
- Hands-on experience with OOD and object-oriented languages
- Experience with SQL and database management systems
- Solid understanding of security/access control, scalability, high availability, and concurrency patterns
- Good understanding of software development processes and methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to effectively communicate to a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to communicate and apply architectural design patterns across a wide range of technical problems
- .NET and MS stack experience is a plus
- Experience in PLM or Enterprise Data Management domain is a plus
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.A.
Aras is an equal opportunity employer.