Technical WriterPLM Posting#: HR-1287
Position Type: Full Time
What does Aras Development do?
Aras Development is responsible for developing, testing, supporting and maintaining a suite of applications based on Aras Innovator development framework.
We are a process oriented team with a focus on core engineering principles. Our team is focused on identifying, solving, and documenting problems that can be found when working in an open development framework like Aras Innovator.
What does an Aras Technical Writer do?
At the core, an Aras Technical Writer is responsible for helping customers use Aras products.
· You will work with Aras Development to document new features
· You will work with Aras Support to improve documentation
· You will manage document control
· You will work with Aras Development to improve the on-line help
An Aras Technical Writer is required not to simply document the product features, but to try to understand the software and document it for the customer’s needs. The main required quality of the candidate is her/his versatility. An Aras Technical Writer will work with the full range of Aras products and with every group of engineers.
What skills does an Aras Technical Writer need?
We are looking for writer with strong technical writing skills and communication skills.
· Previous experience in technical writing for software required
· Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite required
· Experience with RoboHelp required
· Ability to use/create templates and styles in Word and RoboHelp a plus
· Communication skills to gather information from subject matter experts
· Ability to switch between various projects and work on multiple projects
· Experience with HTML is a plus
· Exposure to MSTP (Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications) and basics of technical writing a plus
· A writing sample may be requested.
Aras is an equal opportunity employer.