PLM Technical Consultant
PLM Posting#: HR-1388
Position Type: Full Time
Aras Corporation is a fast moving high tech company that delivers innovative enterprise software solutions to leading companies such as General Motors, Airbus, General Electric, Boeing and IBM. Aras provides businesses with product lifecycle management (PLM) applications to improve new product development for greater collaboration and faster time to market. Aras Innovator uses an advanced Web based SOA technology available as Enterprise Open Source software which provides Aras with a highly disruptive position in the marketplace and a solid business strategy.
We are looking for PLM Technical Consultants who will play a key role in successful customer deployments of innovator solutions. You will lead an implementation team in the planning, elaboration, design, construction and transition of solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Lead an implementation team in all aspects of solution deployment
- Lead the analysis and documentation of customer requirements through the delivery of workshops
- Develop requirements specifications, Use Cases, and functional specifications
- Transform customer requirements to technical solutions through a thorough understanding of the Aras Innovator suite of tools
- Lead the creation of project deliverables including both technical and business elements
- Assign tasks to project members and reviews the team’s work products to ensure that they are accurate and consistent. Supervise and manage project teams as appropriate.
- Professionally interact and communicate with customers and internal team members
- Clearly demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Have a thorough understanding of enterprise application deployment methodologies, preferable PLM applications
- Must be able to write clear, understandable Requirements, SOW, Specification documents, and Use Cases.
- Technically self-sufficient with data modeling techniques, SQL Server and Microsoft Office products. Installation and configuration of SQL Server, SQL Scripting (Transact SQL), SQL triggers, stored procedures, functions
- Familiar with data migration techniques from legacy systems
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of PLM deployment experience
- Experience in any of the following verticals: Automotive, Consumer Products, High Tech Electronics, Aerospace
- Industry knowledge of any of the following : Engineering Change processes, Phase Gate Project Management, Quality systems processes, DFMEA, PFMEA, CAPA, Manufacturing Process Planning, CMII change management
- Must be able to travel 50%, primarily regional with frequent 3-4 day North American trips as required
- This position requires US citizenship
Aras is an equal opportunity employer.