Project Manager/Managing Consultant
PLM Posting#: HR-1366
Position Type: Full Time
Aras Corporation is a fast moving high tech company that delivers innovative enterprise software solutions to leading companies such as General Motors, Airbus, General Electric, Boeing and IBM. Aras provides businesses with product lifecycle management (PLM) applications to improve new product development for greater collaboration and faster time to market. Aras Innovator uses an advanced Web based SOA technology available as Enterprise Open Source software which provides Aras with a highly disruptive position in the marketplace and a solid business strategy.
We are looking for experienced Project Managers / Managing Consultants who will play a key role in successful customer deployments of innovator solutions. Demonstration of leadership, cross-functional management, organization skills, and the ability to negotiate with key business stakeholders are essential in ensuring success. This role will be a hybrid position – with involvement of project execution as well as leadership in PLM business architecture.
- Lead cross-functional implementation team in all aspects of solution deployment
- Perform the overall day-to-day Project Management to ensure that deliverables are achieved within time/cost/quality constraints
- Driving the planning and execution for all project activity in accordance of customer milestones
- Identify project risks and apply corrective action to ensure issue resolution
- Prepare project status reports and keep Team, Management, Clients and others informed of project status and related issues and escalations.
- Lead meetings with Project team and Client Personnel (including client executives) on business or technical level discussions. Ability to drive towards consensus within the group.
- Supervise and manage project teams that may be located either onsite or offshore
- Manage project budget and quality of work completed
- Lead business architecture discussions with current and prospective customers
- Strong rapport and relationship building skills with both internal individuals and external customers. Must be an effective communicator in difficult customer situations
- Knowledge of PLM best practices with the ability to lead business architecture discussions with current and prospective customers
- Excellent written communication skills to create Statements of Work, specifications, project plans, and other project documentation.
- Clearly demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Have a thorough understanding of large scale enterprise application deployment methodologies with experience leading teams in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Strong planning, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Ability to create work breakdown structures, assist in estimation, validate estimate confidence, and develop a schedule
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization (Development, Sales, Marketing, Operations, and within the Professional Services Group) in a fast paced environment
- Identifies active project risks, monitors for risk triggers, and executes contingency plans.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science / IT, or Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing PLM deployments with teams of 3 or more members
- Experience managing large Commercial and Enterprise clients
- Demonstrated experience with managing project budgets, P&L, invoicing and billing
- Demonstrated experience with Agile project management tools such as Jira, VS Team Services, etc.
- Experience in any of the following verticals: Automotive, Consumer Products, High Tech Electronics, Aerospace, & Shipbuilding
- Industry knowledge of any of the following: Configuration management best practices (CMII, CMPIC), Phase Gate Project Management, APQP Quality Planning, Quality systems processes, DFMEA, PFMEA, CAPA, Manufacturing Process Planning
- Must be able to travel 50%, primarily regional with frequent 3 to 4-day North America trips as required
- PMP certification is preferred
- This position requires US citizenship
Aras is an equal opportunity employer.