Software Engineer (Aras Labs)
PLM Posting#: HR-1390
Position Type: Full Time
We are seeking talented and motivated software engineers to join the Aras Labs team. Aras Labs is chartered with pushing the envelope of what business software can be. We lead by example, building innovative new apps and services that help shape the future of industry.
The Labs team fills a unique niche at Aras. We get input from many different sources, both within Aras and in the broader community, to rapidly gather requirements and prototype applications that solve real problems. This hybrid role also gives us the opportunity to contribute to open-source projects and communicate with other developers (think developer advocate/developer evangelist).
The ideal Aras Labs candidate is able to sling code freely, but wants to use that ability to solve real-world business problems. As a team member, you will have the opportunity to work on technologies ranging from mobile apps one day to data-intensive cloud services the next. We need smart, flexible, nimble self-starters that can absorb new concepts fast and turn them into reality even faster.
What You’ll Do
- Research and recommend cutting edge technologies for future development
- Rapidly assess business challenges and document use cases / requirements
- Design applications, including data models, UX concepts and user workflows
- Develop prototypes, proofs of concept and full applications
- Publish your projects to open source repositories like GitHub
- Demonstrate and explain the value of your solutions
- Promote technical content and engage the Aras community via social channels (Twitter, blog posts, etc.)
- Interact with the open PLM community to encourage development and sharing of ideas
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Development experience with Microsoft technologies, including C#, Visual Studio, SQL Server. Azure is a bonus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bonus points for social media skills and/or mobile development experience
- A desire to take charge and innovate
In addition to the usual benefits (competitive salary, health and dental plans, FSA options), at Aras you will enjoy a culture of learning and growth. Attend a lunch & learn or training class; pop into Boston for a developer meetup or technical conference; immerse yourself in a team hackathon. And Aras culture isn't all about the work - it's about the people too. Whether joining the annual company picnic, our (very) competitive chili cook-off, or an informal dinner with the team, you'll be feeling like part of the Aras family in no time.
At Aras, you will have the opportunity to gain a broad base of experience covering the entire software development lifecycle. If you desire a challenge and would like to explore opportunities at Aras, submit your resume and a cover letter for consideration.
Aras is an equal opportunity employer.