How to create the Azure Certified Aras Innovator virtual machine
This section shows you how to create an Azure Certified Aras Innovator VM. You can use Azure's default settings for most of the configuration and create the VM in just a few minutes. You may also perform similar steps in the Azure Management Portal.
- Go to the Azure Marketplace. NOTE: You will need an Azure Subscription to create a VM.
- On the marketplace menu, find Aras Innovator among the Virtual Machine offerings or type "Aras" in the search dialog to go directly to the Aras offering.
Click theAras Innovatoroffering to begin creating the Virtual Machine
- ClickCreate Virtual Machineto begin the process of creating the Aras VM. NOTE: Please review the pricing and sizing information on this screen by scrolling below. You will be required to choose the VM with a preset amount of processing power and memory in the next step.
- On the Aras Innovator PLM Suite pane select the appropriatedeployment modeland choosecreate. NOTE: We have chosen Classic in this example
- In theCreate VMpane, fill in theHost Nameyou want for the VM, the administrativeUser Name, and a strongPassword. Choose rel="noopener noreferrer" the appropriatePricing rel="noopener noreferrer" Tier. NOTE: D13 is appropriate rel="noopener noreferrer" for 100 user Pilot/POC. D14 would provide additional power.
User Namerefers to the administrative account that you use to manage the server. Create a unique password for this account and make sure to remember it.You'll need the user name and password to log on via remote desktop to the virtual machine.
- To use the default settings for the remaining VM options and start creating the VM, clickCreate. But if you want, before clickingCreate, you can exploreOptional Configurationsettings. For example, you can configure optional diagnostics on the VM to track lots of metrics on your VM later on. ClickOptional rel="noopener noreferrer" Configuration, rel="noopener noreferrer" clickDiagnostics, and rel="noopener noreferrer" toggle theStatustoOn.
If you turn on Azure Diagnostics, Azure will store the diagnostics data in an Azure storage account, resulting in additional storage cost.
- Click on your VM and then clickSettings. In theSettingsblade clickEndpointsand clickAdd. Enter the following values for the fields:
- Protocol: SelectTCP
- Public port:80 rel="noopener noreferrer" rel="noopener noreferrer"
- Private port:80 rel="noopener noreferrer"
ClickOKto create an HTTP endpoint on rel="noopener noreferrer" port 80.
- Go to http://manage.windowsazure.com. Click on Virtual Machines. Find the one you just created and click on it.
- Click onEndpoints. ClickADDat rel="noopener noreferrer" the bottom of the screen.
- SelectADD rel="noopener noreferrer" A STAND-ALONE ENDPOINT. Click theRight Arrow.
- From the name field, select HTTP. rel="noopener noreferrer" The remaining fields auto-populate. Click the checkmark icon.
- Your Aras Azure Certified is now ready for use.
If you get the rel="noopener noreferrer" "Failed to add virtual machine endpoint 'HTTP' “ error, use the following steps to add the HTTP endpoint:rel="noopener noreferrer"
How to Login to your Aras Azure Certified rel="noopener noreferrer" instance
- Open anInternet Explorer rel="noopener noreferrer" 9, 10 or 11browser orFirefox ESR 31and higher browser.
For Internet Explorer, first make sure you have the recommended Client rel="noopener noreferrer" Settings by following Aras Innovator 11.0 - Client Settings for Internet Explorer on Windows.pdf
- Go to<your Azure domain name>/InnovatorServer
- Select themyData database(default) and useadmin/innovatorto login and remember to change your password immediately:
- Click on theTable of Contents -> Users.
- Do a Simple Search for allUsers.
- FindInnovator Adminand right-click ->Edit.
- Change the password and clickSave, Unlock and Close (Checkmark)icon. rel="noopener noreferrer"
- You may also login to the InnovatorSample database to view and use sample rel="noopener noreferrer" data. Use admin/innovator rel="noopener noreferrer" to login. Watch the Aras PLM Overview Demo to see how you can get the most out of your PLM.