Fast Component Sourcing While On-the-Go
Organizations developing complex system products must move fast to find and acquire the right components to use in their products. However, traditional methods involving disconnected sources of information are slow and error prone.
Aras Component Search is a mobile tablet app that combines component search with part approval workflows, allowing design, manufacturing, and maintenance teams to collaborate more efficiently while away from the office.
The app provides access to many of the capabilities of the Aras Component Engineering application, including access to the industry-leading IHS CAPS Universe electronic component database. With the app, users can quickly search for electronic components as well as initiate new part approval requests.
The app can be downloaded from the Microsoft App Store.
- Basic and parametric search of 450 million components in over 400 categories
- Compare parts side-by-side and find alternatives
- Initiate part approval requests and approve part use
- View component attributes and technical data
- Stoplight indicators for quick overview of approved manufacturers, in-use parts, and supplier and part statuses
- Flags for environmental compliance (RoHS and REACh)
When used in conjunction with the Aras Component Engineering application, the Aras Component Search app:
- Enables discovery of preferred parts and manufacturers during the design phase
- Increases engineering efficiency and productivity with faster part approval and sourcing
- Reduces regulatory and supply chain risk