Software Engineer (Aras Labs)PLM Posting#: HR-1390
Position Type: Full Time
We are seeking talented and motivated software engineers to join the Aras Labs team. Aras Labs is chartered with pushing the envelope of what business software can be. We lead by example, building innovative new apps and services that help shape the future of industry.
Aras Labs fills a unique niche between the Product Management, Community, and Development teams at Aras. Our partnership with product managers and community managers helps us rapidly prototype applications and services based on customer feedback. This hybrid role also gives us the flexibility to collaborate with the broader Aras Community - contributing to open-source projects, providing resources, and exchanging ideas. (Think developer advocate/developer evangelist.)
The ideal candidate is able to sling code freely and wants to use that ability to solve real-world business problems. As a team member, you will have the opportunity to work on technologies ranging from mobile apps one day to data-intensive cloud services the next. We need smart, flexible, resourceful self-starters that can absorb new concepts fast and turn them into reality even faster.
What You’ll Do
- Rapidly assess business challenges and document use cases/requirements
- Design applications, including data models, UX concepts and user workflows
- Research and recommend cutting edge technologies for future development
- Develop prototypes, proofs of concept and full applications
- Publish your projects to open source repositories like GitHub
- Demonstrate and explain the value of your solutions
- Promote technical content and engage the Aras community via social channels (Twitter, blog posts, etc.)
- Interact with the open PLM community to encourage development and sharing of ideas
What You Will Need
In Aras Labs we recognize that there are many different paths to success. We'll gladly consider applicants with the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, etc.) with programming experience
- Software/Web Development Program or Certificate
We seek candidates who love to learn, collaborate, and solve problems. Since learning and researching new technologies is a big part of this position, we evaluate candidates on broad skill sets rather than expertise in a single tech stack.
- Object-oriented Programming: C#, C++, Java, Python, or Visual Basic
- Databases: Relational databases like MS SQL Server or MySQL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to take charge and innovate
- Social media, blogging experience
- Cloud services, graph/NoSQL databases, mobile development
- Microsoft technologies: Visual Studio, Azure, UWP, PWAs
In addition to the usual benefits (competitive salary, health and dental plans, FSA options for health expenses and child care and parental leave), you will enjoy a culture of learning and growth at Aras. Attend a lunch & learn or training class; pop into Boston for a developer meetup or technical conference; immerse yourself in a team hackathon.
And Aras culture isn't all about the work - it's about the people too. Whether joining the annual company picnic, our (very) competitive chili cook-off, or an informal dinner with the team, you'll be feeling like part of the Aras family in no time.
Aras is an equal opportunity employer.