CATIA V5 enables the creation of any type of 3D assemblies, including complex assemblies designed to perform a specific task with a specific target performance.
The CATIA V5 Connector for Aras enables you to fully leverage your investment in CATIA V5 by unlocking valuable CAD data for the enterprise and extended enterprise with secure access and permissions, while allowing designers to continue working in their familiar CATIA V5 environment.
CATIA V5 & Aras:
- Enable global co-design with one source of information and a single product structure capable of supporting the needs of the 24 hour cycle.
- Increase productivity across the product lifecycle, while reducing data management time, and eliminating data entry errors and duplication.
- Incorporate valuable CATIA V5 data with the rest of product information for complete tracking, analysis and forecasting.
- Reduce training and increase user acceptance with a common platform spanning MCAD / ECAD / ERP systems.
- Centralize key processes such as enterprise change, supply chain management, and new product development and introduction.
Functionality & Features
- A Single Repository of CATIA V5 design files in Aras
- Controlled sharing of CATIA V5 designs enterprise-wide, without additional license costs
- Management of Complex CATIA V5 file Structures
- Search and Load from CATIA V5 & Aras; open files directly in CATIA V5 from Aras
- Reservation using Lock and Unlock
- Version and Revision Control of CATIA V5 files with configuration management &/or effectivity
- Bidirectional Exchange of Properties; enter & edit attributes in CATIA V5 and Aras
- Drawing Title Block Automation
- CATIA V5 File Template Management
- Standard Part File Management
- Automatic Thumbnail Generation
- Supports both WIP and Release Management
- Enterprise Change Management with attached CATIA V5 files
- Auto Generation of Enterprise BOM driven by CATIA V5 designs; Clear ownership by discipline with ability to make manual updates