Inventor offers a comprehensive, flexible set of software for 3D mechanical design, product simulation, tooling creation and design communication.
The Inventor Connector for Aras enables you to fully leverage your investment in Inventor by unlocking valuable data for the enterprise and extended enterprise with secure access and permissions, while allowing designers to continue working in their familiar Inventor environment.
Inventor & Aras:
- Enable global co-design with one source of information and a single product structure capable of supporting the needs of the 24 hour cycle.
- Increase productivity across the product lifecycle, while reducing data management time, and eliminating data entry errors and duplication.
- Incorporate valuable Inventor design data with the rest of product information for complete tracking, analysis and forecasting.
- Reduce training and increase user acceptance with a common platform spanning MCAD / ECAD / ERP systems.
- Centralize key processes such as enterprise change, supply chain management, and new product development and introduction.
Functionality & Features
- A Single Repository of Inventor design files in Aras
- Controlled sharing of Inventor designs enterprise-wide, without additional license costs
- Use Inventor Iparts to drive families of parts in Aras
- Management of Complex Inventor file Structures
- Search and Load from Inventor & Aras; open files directly in Inventor from Aras
- Reservation using Lock and Unlock
- Version and Revision Control of Inventor files with configuration management &/or effectivity
- Bidirectional Exchange of Properties; enter & edit attributes in Inventor and Aras
- Drawing Title Block Automation
- Standard Part File Management
- Ability to show detailed Aras form of Inventor Document
- Automatic Thumbnail Generation
- Available Bulk Data Loader to support data migration effort
- Automated Background Viewable Conversion for Inventor files to Aras Available
- Supports both WIP and Release Management
- Enterprise Change Management with attached Inventor file
- Auto Generation of Enterprise BOM driven by Inventor designs; Clear ownership by discipline with ability to make manual updates