Managing Your ECAD Data in Aras Innovator
Date: June 20th, 2019 @ 11:00 AM ET
Watch the demo and see how the Aras Platform helps formalize the release of fabrication and assembly data from Altium Designer to external vendors. By placing manufacturing data in PLM, the enterprise benefits from a uniform release to a manufacturing process that is subject to formal permissions and flows. These processes are independent of the Altium design activities that may be occurring in parallel.
Learn more on how:
- Manufacturing data in PLM is configuration controlled in a dedicated structure
- Files become classified by purpose (as opposed to relying on file names)
- A design BOM is verified against PLM managed parts
- Related teams (ex: mechanical) get notified that a release did occur and can view and annotate the data
- Any subsequent design updates are subject to a formal enterprise change management flow
You will hear from Pawel Z. Chadzynski, Sr. Director of Product Management at Aras. Pawel is currently managing integrations of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), Requirements Engineering (RE) and Electronic CAD (ECAD) applications within the Aras Innovator PLM platform.