Getting Control of your BOMs
Bringing complex products to market and maintaining them through their life is a multi-step process. It requires managing bills of material (BOM) not only across mechanical, electrical, and software disciplines but in the extended supply chain as well.
The challenge of managing multiple BOM representations leaves organizations struggling to improve quality, reduce time-to-market, and manage costs.
Complete BOM Visibility
BOM management with Aras Innovator® helps organizations connect and manage multiple sources of information in a single database. Easily create and maintain structured, multi-level bill of materials for each stage of the product lifecycle. Easily synchronize EBOMs and MBOMs for clear visibility into cross-disciplinary change statuses through, design, manufacture and service.
- Alternate/substitute parts
- Options (variants) and configuration rules
- BOM red-lining and compare
- Target-estimated-calculated-actual weight and cost
- Multiple BOM views
GE: EBOM / MBOM with Affected Items, Impact Matrix & Effectivity
See how GE customized Aras Innovator to streamline product development across multiple departments for their engineering teams.
- Ensures multi-disciplinary team members, suppliers and outsourced manufacturers have the right information
- Increases team collaboration and productivity
- Improves product quality and facilitates re-use
- Reduces product costs, manufacturing errors, scrap and rework
- Improves the outcome of design to goal initiatives
Find Out More
Read An Overview of Aras Innovator to discover why global corporations are turning to Aras to reduce costs, mitigate risk, and shorten time to market.
Discover how Aras PLM is a flexible, scalable and resilient product innovation platform that can handle today's complexity.
Learn how Spartan implemented Aras enterprise-wide and standardized processes, improved quality, productivity and response time.