Integrating Engineering and Manufacturing
With the emergence of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), companies with complex products are looking for better ways to integrate their manufacturing operations. But with today’s disconnected systems, authoring and reconciling MBOMs, process plans and work instructions, and ensuring synchronization with evolving product designs can be time-consuming and error-prone.
Manufacturing Process Planning Overview
Aras Manufacturing Process Planning provides an integrated approach to managing manufacturing data and processes in PLM. It supports graphical and concurrent process plan, MBOM and work instruction authoring plus real-time automatic EBOM/MBOM reconciliation.
- Version controlled process plans detailing operations, steps, parts consumed, resources utilized, skills, documents referenced etc.
- Concurrent authoring of visually rich electronic work instructions
- Version controlled MBOM derived from EBOM using
- Drag and drop editing
- Concurrent process plan and MBOM creation
- Automatic EBOM/MBOM reconciliation
- Plant-specific MBOMs and process plans
Dr. Eigner Discusses: Industrial Internet
Industrial Internet is a driver for the product development process. Dr. Martin Eigner explains how and what job number one is for Industrial Internet in this presentation.
- Bridge the gap between engineering and manufacturing
- Eliminate time-consuming manual processes and costly EBOM/MBOM conflicts
- Improve efficiency by synchronizing process plans, MBOMs and work instructions
- Implement a digital thread with as-designed to as-planned traceability
Find Out More
PLM analysts CIMdata comment on the Aras Manufacturing Process Planning (MPP) Application - designed to improve the connection between product development and manufacturing.
Learn how the U.S. Army improved configuration management for Lean manufacturing processes with Aras.
Read An Overview of Aras Innovator to discover why global corporations are turning to Aras to reduce costs, mitigate risk, and shorten time to market.