I'm getting a weird error with the vault using a completely out of the box install of Innovator 2023. No new users, changes to itemtypes, etc. We literally just installed Innovator 2023 and logged in.
"Failed to get the File"
"You have insufficient permissions to open the File."
The problem is that it doesn't happen to everyone, and who it happens to changes after an IIS reset or application pool recycle. I can log in to Innovator, using localhost from a browser on the same server the application is installed on, using the admin user, and I can open and add files to a Document no problem. Then my colleague, also on the same server, logs in using localhost, with the admin user, and she can't open the file thanks to this error. She CAN add a file to the Document, and it is properly vaulted, though she is unable to view that file after it's been added. It's like create access still works, but not read access. If we recycle the app pools and she logs in first, then I log in, I will get the error. It's usually the second person to log in that gets the error, though not always. Usually it's just the one person with the error, but that's not always the case either.
Normally when I'd see an error like this I would check the windows folder permissions on the Vault to make sure the user the application pool runs as has access. Everything seemed normal there but to rule it out I added Everyone to the permission with full control. We're both using the admin user to rule out permissions inside the Innovator application as well. Accessing it from a different server, or using a different browser like Chrome makes no difference, clearing the browser cache also doesn't help, and neither does the Admin > Clear Client Metadata Cache option in Innovator..
We turned on all the logging we could and seemed to find the culprit but are at a loss for what is going on and why it's so intermittent. It seems that for whoever Innovator decides shouldn't be able to get files, it's because of an error in the AuthenticationBrokerWebService. It's trying to do Aras.Server.Models.AuthenticationBroker.GetFileDownloadTokenModel but getting an error, "Database configuration was not found for 'dbname'".
Has anyone seen something similar before? I've worked with Innovator for many years now, including installs of this version, Innovator 2023, and never seen something quite like this before.
I also noticed weirdness in the license manager. I log in first, and I see just the one session for admin. Then my colleague logs in and tried to get the file, and when I look at the license manager again I see over a 100 sessions for admin. Maybe it's nothing because I always see multiple sessions per user in other Innovator instances, though 100s of them for a single login and file download attempt seems excessive. I don't know if it's related but since the authenticationBroker seems to be the problem with the file download, I figured I'd mention it since it would also have to do with authentication.