It's Not Just About Parts
Developing complex products, manufacturing and maintaining them through their life requires managing evolving product configurations embodying information developed by multiple groups inside the organization and in the supply chain.
The challenge of managing complex configurations can lead to costly errors and delays.
Manage All Configurations
Configuration Management provides a comprehensive methodology for managing the configuration (hierarchical set of information) of a product or system throughout its life.
- Provides configuration identification, control, status accounting and verification
- Tracks baselines at different stages of the product lifecycle, e.g. as-designed, as-built, as-maintained
- Utilizes graphical online business process workflows with email notifications and reminders
- Reflects CMII- and CMPIC-certified best practices for configuration and change management
GE: EBOM / MBOM with Affected Items, Impact Matrix & Effectivity
See how GE customized Aras Innovator to streamline product development across multiple departments for their engineering teams.
- Provides improved visibility of the product configuration across functions, disciplines through the lifecycle
- Avoids unnecessary costs and delays
- Frees up valuable engineering resources
- Helps ensure product quality
- Reduces errors, delays, scrap and rework
|Configured Item Types||Application||Open||Subscription|
|Parts, Documents||Product Engineering||Yes||Yes|
|Quality Plans||Quality Management System||Yes||Yes|
|Technical Publications||Technical Documentation||Yes||Yes|
|CAD Documents||CAD Connector or PDM Integration||Yes|
Find Out More
See Configuration & Change Management process changes that impact the business at the enterprise level.
Read how ITIL combined with the principles of CMII streamline processes and improve ITIL efficiency.
Learn how PACE Aerospace Engineering and Information Technology GmbH utilizes Aras as Configuration Management Backbone.