Documents Are Important Too
Microsoft Office is a key set of tools used during all stages of the product lifecycle for a myriad purposes. Many documents contain critical information which needs to be shared and forms part of the product record.
However, typically these documents are disconnected from the product record, get lost in shared folders and accidentally deleted from hard drives.
Bring Order to Chaos
Office Connector extends the benefits of PLM to Excel, Word, and Outlook. Users can manage documents while working within the familiar, easy to use Microsoft environment. Additionally, Office Connector provides administrators with capabilities for document control, security, naming, templates and more.
- Document lifecycle status management, versioning and user access control
- Document classification based on document type
- Automatic document numbering and naming
- Document linking to related items like parts and projects
- Bi-directional property mapping between Aras and inside document text
- Viewables automatically created for Visual Collaboration
- Easy access across the enterprise to critical documents reduces unnecessary errors and delays
- Supports global product development and supply chain collaboration strategies
- User authentication and access management increases control over critical intellectual property
- Ability to include Office documents in all PLM processes increases engineering efficiencies
- Ease of use ensures rapid adoption
Find Out More
Aras Enterprise SaaS
Aras Enterprise SaaS provides a fully capable, business ready PLM environment with Systems Engineering and Digital Thread functionality to transform your organization.
Bill of Materials
Control your Bill of Materials across the lifecycle.
Change is the only constant in manufacturing. See how Aras helps you manage it.
Manage critical information created throughout the engineering, manufacturing, and maintenance of products.
Capturing the conversation demystifies how decisions are made. Visual Collaboration enables users to mark up and comment on items inside the system.