Managing Today's Requirements
The rising complexity of systems across the industrial landscape is driving the need for transformational technologies to manage requirements in context with total product configuration for companies. Aras’ Requirements Engineering application is a new, next generation solution for managing requirements within a PLM platform.
In addition to the core requirements management capabilities, such as authoring content and managing groups of requirements in the form of a single document, it addresses one of the biggest weaknesses of existing stand-alone solutions: it enables bi-directional traceability between individual requirements and various design artifacts across all design domains and their lifecycles.
Requirements Engineering provides powerful capabilities for complex systems engineering planning, development and realization through the creation of a single, multi-discipline requirements hierarchy. Change management workflow assures requirements stay in sync as the system or product as it evolves over the lifecycle.
- Requirements are libraries of standalone reusable items
- Requirements metadata includes customizable classifications and categories
- Requirements Documents may group any set of requirements for a specific project or design
- In Requirements Documents, requirements are arranged as chapters/sub-chapters
- Requirements Documents provide two ways of viewing related requirements: MS Word like native document rendering, Excel like metadata tabulation
- Requirements in the context of a requirements document are edited without explicit locking – edits are resolved on save
- Requirements Engineering is integrated with the Visual Collaboration panel
Requirements Engineering Product Brief
Aras® Requirements Management is a next generation requirements management solution embedded in enterprise PLM for systems engineering.
- Native capability of the PLM platform vs a third party tool interacting with a PLM platform
- Requirements represented in various digital forms, such as text, lists, graphics or tables and can be easily rendered into Word, Excel or HTML documents as views
- Built on the Aras Platform with platform upgrades supported by Aras
- Customizable to support customer processes and practices
- Supports legacy system and Microsoft tool integration via open database and open API do not address requirements across the lifecycle
- Teams can collaborate on requirements under PLM-enforced permissions
- Requirements management fully implemented with PLM platform managed data, relationships and processes
- Lifecycle Management
- Release Management
- Change Management
- Enabling the build of physically and virtually connected products
- Traceability of diverse materials in a virtual and physical product development environment
- Supporting a joint venture and highly leveraged supplier environment
- Improve timeliness, cost control, and quality
- Requirements traceability that establishes and maintains requirement relationships internal/external to the application
- Reusability of requirements and content elements in various configuration
- Closed loop verification and validation
Find Out More
Read An Overview of Aras Innovator to discover why global corporations are turning to Aras to reduce costs, mitigate risk, and shorten time to market.
Discover your next PLM in this overview demonstration of the latest Release of Aras Innovator.
PLM analysts CIMdata comment on the Aras Manufacturing Process Planning (MPP) Application - designed to improve the connection between product development and manufacturing.